Tomato – Poached Shrimp
Bring the flavors of Mykonos to your table with this saucy, Greek-inspired dish. We don’t know what we love more about this recipe, that it packs a ton of flavor (think fire-roasted tomatoes, coriander, cumin, and salty, creamy feta), comes together in under 35 minutes, or only requires two pots for cooking. We’ll let you be the judge.
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¼ ounce mint
- ¼ ounce parsley
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 1¼ pounds shrimp
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 14.5-ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup pine nuts, divided
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1. In a medium pot, combine quinoa, 2 cups water, and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot, and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender about 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and set aside, still covered, until Step 5.
- 2. While quinoa cooks, rinse all produce. Roughly chop mint and parsley leaves, discarding stems. Pat spinach dry with a paper towel. Peel onion, halve and thinly slice. Mince garlic. Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and season with ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper as desired.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large high-sided pan over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add spice mix, tomato paste, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add fire-roasted tomatoes and ⅔ cup water and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes more. Season with ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper as desired.
- 4. Add shrimp to pan with tomato sauce, still over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 4–6 minutes more. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- 5. To pot with cooked quinoa, still off heat, add butter, spinach, half of pine nuts, and half of herbs. Stir to combine and wilt spinach slightly, about 1 minute.
- 6. Divide spinach quinoa among roomy serving bowls, then spoon over tomato poached shrimp. Top with feta, remaining herbs, and remaining pine nuts.
Recipe via Plated https://www.plated.com/