Marketplace Game-day Recipe Ideas
Whether you’re a hardcore football fan or you’re just into entertaining for the festivities and fun, planning the perfect menu for your gameday party can be a difficult task. There isn’t anything to guarantee your favorite team will take the win, but you can guarantee your party-goers are well-fed with delicious bites. We’ve compiled a collection of some of our favorite gameday party recipes. Our Super Bowl recipe list has the dips, appetizers, and snack ideas you need for the ultimate game day.
Chili Fried Chicken
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 packet Healthy Solutions Authentic Chili/ Taco
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl. Pour buttermilk over chicken, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 4-5 hours. Keeping it in the refrigerator overnight is even better.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flour and packet of Healthy Solutions Authentic Chili/Taco spice blend. Using a heavy skillet, add oil to about 1 inch deep. Heat oil to medium-hot heat (350℉). Dip each piece of chicken into the flour mixture, coating on all sides. Shake off excess flour. Add chicken to the skillet, making sure not to have pieces touching.
- 3.Fry chicken until coating becomes crispy, turning as needed, for about 30 minutes. Chicken is cooked when juices run clear. Check by pricking the chicken with a fork.
- 4. Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels.
Notes: For a lighter version, bake at 350℉ oven for 30-40 minutes (until juices run clear) in a pan treated with non-stick spray!
Garlic Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 10-ounce package frozen baby spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tbsp Healthy Solutions Shrimp Scampi
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Chilling overnight is best to meld together all the flavors. Serve with crackers or cut-up vegetables.
Notes: Serve this hot by substituting one 8 oz package of cream cheese for the sour cream. Place the entire mixture in an oven-safe serving dish. Bake at 350℉ for 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Cajun Shrimp Balls
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Pano breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Healthy Solutions Cajun Seafood
- 13 tbsp skim milk
- 1. Place shrimp in food processor and pulse 5-8 times. Shrimp should remain chunky. Remove shrimp from processor and place into a bowl. Add beaten egg, Panko breadcrumbs, and Healthy Solutions Cajun Seafood spice blend. Mix completely with spoon or spatula.
- Spray a cast-iron or other frying pan with nonstick spray. Form the shrimp mixture into balls, about 1 teaspoon each. Cook on stove top on medium heat, turning constantly for about 1 minute, until shrimp is cooked and pink.
- Serve with yogurt or sour cream dipping sauce (recipe below).
- 1. Mix 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp Healthy Solutions Salmon with Dill spice blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Notes: Everyone loves these. They stay well at room temperature. We recommend a milder blend for the dipping sauce (like Salmon with Dill) to tone down the kick from the Cajun spices.
Game Day Sliders
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet Healthy Solutions Ultimate Burger
- Slider Rolls
- Condiments as desired
- Mix entire packet of Healthy Solutions Ultimate Burger into ground beef. Form into patties.
- Treat pan with cooking spray (cast iron pans work great for this) and grill burger until cooked to desired doneness. Place on slider roll and top as desired.
Notes: These are great on the grill too. For turkey sliders, use 1 lb. ground turkey and Healthy Solutions Pork & Poultry Rub.